Sunday, 12 October 2014

In conclusion

My first Post on this form has a air of finality as I write about my first year as a returning student.  It's been a year of discovering oneself, meeting new people and learning new things.  I've tried my hand at new materials, methods and have been able to produce some pretty visually pleasing works of art.

The process of creating a journal for assessment has left me with a few regrets regarding the flow of the working Journal.  Which gives me something to document here.  In the time we had I was able to cover everything, from composition, to experimental sketches and to some degree tonal sketches.  Development work was a bit weak this year (time to be honest with myself),  I can certainly aim to improve on that in the future. I was also able to supply the necessary research and resource images to satisfy the critrea, as well as the Work In Progress shots.  As I write this, I still need to self assess my works and finish off supporting artists and it's this that frustrates me the most.  In order to keep everything stuck down to save loosing it, I didn't allow room for stuff I had forgotten to do in the process.

So for future reference I'd like to put together a visual guide for the process of putting together a working Journal.  A flow chart may go in this order.

Idea-mind map>Research>Supporting artists>development work/ principles and elements/ tonal sketches>Work-In-Progress>Final work>Final self-evaluation/ any other notes on the topic

The design process can be very rewarding

The design process can be very rewarding and the process of documenting it is something that needs to be done, both for the artists rights and the authenticity of the works.  I enjoy reading working Journals as much as I can and I hope to one day produce the most flawless on there is.

So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment